I founded Donalies Financial Planning, LLC in May of 2012 with the goal of providing low-cost financial planning services to anyone in need – not just people with millions of dollars. I have served in various planning, operations, and management positions prior to starting my own firm. Working for clients with a wide variety of ages, income levels, and family situations has helped me build an extensive knowledge base.
I am happily married and a father of two. When not chasing after my little girls I devote time to other passions: Training for triathlons and creating artwork inspired by old-school video games.
My academic background includes a Master of Business Administration from Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, MD and a Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology from The University of Maryland at College Park in College Park, MD. I also hold the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ designation, which requires hundreds of hours of study and completion of a rigorous 10-hour exam. In addition, I’m a member of the Financial Planning Association.
Donalies Financial Planning, LLC is a fee-only advisory firm and therefore receives compensation only from clients. No commissions are received from any other parties. This method of compensation minimizes conflicts of interest.
DFP works with clients in the following three ways:
- Hourly Financial Planning: The rate is $200 per hour.
- Frugal Finance: Clients that want assistance with cash flow management and budgeting can get help via a monthly subscription. It’s like a gym membership – one that is meant to make you fiscally fit, not physically fit. We’ll work together to create a realistic budget based on your spending needs/goals and then monitor progress using Balance Financial. If necessary, we can also create a debt repayment plan. This service has an initial fee of $200 and an ongoing fee of $150 per month. The $200 initial fee is due upon signing the Financial Planning Agreement and the $150 recurring fee is due at the beginning of each month (i.e., billing in advance).
- Financial Plan + Asset Management: This service level provides clients with a written financial plans and asset management. The goal is to help you fully understand your entire financial puzzle. A written plan covers topics such as goal setting, cash flow & budgeting, investments, retirement, insurance, and estate planning. The fee may vary based on the scope of the work and the deliverables. The annual fee ranges from $1,800 to $5,400 per year ($450 to $1,350 per quarter) and is billed at the beginning of the quarter (i.e., billing in advance).
DFP reserves the right to discount fees in certain situations.
Our Commitment to Privacy
The relationship between Donalies Financial Planning, LLC (DFP) and our clients is our most important asset. We strive to maintain your trust and confidence in our firm, an essential aspect of which is our commitment to protect the confidentiality, integrity and security of your personal information to anyone unless it is required by law, or at your discretion. We do not sell your information to anyone.
Personal Information That We Collect, Maintain, and Communicate
We collect personal information so we can provide financial and life planning services to you. The types and categories of information we collect and maintain about you include:
- Information we receive from you to open an account or provide investment management/financial planning services to you (such as your date of birth, Social Security number, address, phone number, email address, and financial information);
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others to service your account (such as account statements);
- Information that we receive from third parties with respect to your account (such as trade confirmations from your custodians).
In order for us to provide financial and life planning services to you, we may disclose personal information that we collect and maintain in very limited instances, which includes:
- Disclosures that are authorized or requested by you (e.g., to receive an insurance quote, providing information such as age or health conditions);
- Disclosures that are required by law (e.g., to cooperate with regulators or law enforcement authorities);
- Disclosures to companies as otherwise permitted by law, including those necessary to service your account (such as providing account information to custodians).
How We Protect Your Personal Information
To fulfill our privacy commitment, we have instituted practices to safeguard the information that we have about you. These include:
- Maintaining physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal and state regulations to guard your personal information;
- Limiting access to personal information to employees and third parties that are necessary or appropriate to provide services to you;
- Protecting information of our former clients to the same extent as our current clients.